Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with most recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. With Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology with interactions with leading companies in this space and engineers within Amazon developing the capability. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS Support provides technical support to a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services.|
About this Job
This is a remote technical support role (NOT call center) who should be an expert in various IT areas and provide timely and professional troubleshooting advice and architectural best practice to AWS customers via support cases and occasional on-site visits.
Within the team, we have gurus used to work on Linux kernel drivers, with PhD in High-Performance Computing (HPC) and as senior networking Operation & Maintenance (O&M) engineer.
We are seeking people with strong technical skills. Experience with Big Data and/or Database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)? Do you know the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
Every Day Will Bring New And Exciting Challenges On The Job While You
· Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
· Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
· Interact with leading technologists around the world
· Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
· Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
· Drive customer communication during critical events
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
· Strong customer focus
· Must have demonstrated expertise in the below areas:
· Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, VLAN, etc.)
· Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
· Open to working shifts (7am-3pm or 2pm-11pm, Sun-Thu or Tue-Sat)
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Self-starter who is excited about technology
· Exposure to Big Data
· Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
· Exposure to Cloud computing
· Exposure to security concepts / best practices
· Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
· Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
Business Development Representative|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.|
Using AWS, developers and businesses across all sizes can take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. AWS cloud helps customers save substantial costs and time by eliminating their day-to-day management hassle of running their physical datacenters so that they can focus on their core competence. We have a team of personnel who educate and support our customers in the best practices of using cloud services. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and businesses with tools and services to make their business agile and more efficient.
We are now seeking for a talented individual with technical academic background and willing to start career in high-tech companies.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing leads follow up and demand generation campaigns to improve and complete AWS database, collect customer cloud interests, and promote a variety of AWS marketing and related resources and product services. You will also work closely with field marketing team, to identify campaign target, messaging to effectively target key industries, use cases, or target customers. You will also work closely with business development team to ensure leads are captured and routed to the sales team for prompt follow-up.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Following up marketing leads from variety campaigns
· Profile customer demographics
· Understand customer cloud interests and current environment
· Articulate the value proposition and relevant use cases for a variety of AWS services to prospective clients
· Work closely with multiple stakeholders to achieve campaign goals while ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction.
· Manage multiple campaigns in multiple regions concurrently
· 0-2 years of technology related sales or business development experience.
· BA/BS degree required. Masters or MBA a plus.
· A technical background in engineering, computer science/MIS or equivalent work experience preferred.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Extensive customer & contact network.
· Sales experience with virtualization/infrastructure solutions a bonus.
· Fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin.
· A strong command of English speaking and writing.
- Masters or MBA a plus.
- Good understanding of IT/Cloud technical knowledge will be plus